The latest addition to our range of trailers is the Hexi – the first purpose built pipe coil trailer capable of transporting and dispensing a 500 metre coil of up to 90mm PE.
The new trailer has a number of key advantages: By taking a 500 metre coil as opposed to a typical 100 metres, it allows operators to save money by reducing pipe wastage.
Due to an improved central drum configuration, pipe is dispensed quicker, faster and more smoothly compared with trailers with no central drum and the newly designed trailer has the ability to re-coil pipe easily.
From a safety perspective, the pipe can be loaded and dispensed without the necessity for operatives to reach inside or climb onto the frame.
- Cost saving—by using 500m coils, savings on pipe wastage of up to 15-20% have been proven*
- Environmentally friendly—significant reduction in carbon footprint as a result of using 500m coils.
- Calculations have shown a reduction of 400 tonnes pa. which is equivalent to a financial carbon value of around £22,000 a year **
- Effective dispensing—adjustable close fit drum bars for varying coil ID’s optimising smooth dispensing
- Easy to use—raised central drum design ensures pipe is dispensed/recoiled smoothly and quickly—avoiding the need for operatives to manhandle the coil
- Improved safety—Rear gate is hydraulically controlled, avoiding the need to work at height
- Practical—Pipe may be easily re-wound to save unused PE (unreeled section between trench and trailer)
(* / ** see the below product sheet)