Pipe Handler – Small Diameter PE
Following the success of The Pipe Handler, Steve Vick International launched the Midi and Mini Pipe Handlers which are lightweight handlers for inserting and manoeuvring PE pipe up to 180mm in diameter.
These lightweight insertion tools attach to a mini excavator using bucket pins. During operation, the Mini and Midi Pipe Handlers can be controlled entirely from the safety of the cab, removing the need for operatives to be in the trench at any time.
The fixed J-shape lower jaw is designed for side loading of the PE; it then cradles the pipe, while the hydraulic upper jaw clamps the pipe and inserts it into the host pipe using
the hydraulic power of the excavator. Typical insertion speeds of up to 10 metres per minute can be achieved.
For use with a typical 3 tonne class hydraulic excavator, the Mini and Midi Pipe Handlers accommodate pipe diameters up to 180mm, with a full range of shell inserts available to handle specific pipe sizes.
Benefits of Pipe Handlers - Small Diameter
- The side loading jaw avoids the need for
operatives to work in the trench
- Safer alternative to using an excavator
bucket and sling to insert pipe
- One-stage set up for entire insertion
- A Lightweight tool to avoid handling
- The Mini and Midi Pipe Handler can be fitted to
either a single or dual fed excavator
Adaptable to fit most excavators
- Achievable insertion speeds of 5-10 metres
- Minimum clearance required – as little as
- Lower fixed J-shaped jaw keeps a constant
controlled depth of pipe for ease of
- Offers efficient, controlled pushing force:
pushing action can be reversed if necessary
Clamp design prevents pipe damage and
slipping in wet weather
- Shell inserts from a Steve Vick International
pushing machine may be used
Technical Specifications of Pipe Handlers - Small Diameter
- PE Sizes: 63mm, 75mm, 90mm, 110mm, 125mm, 140mm, 180mm (and the equivalent imperial measurements)
- Functions: Grip/release – PE pipe is inserted or retracted using excavator arm
- Height Mini/Midi: 511mm (20″)
- Width Mini/Midi: 197mm (8″)
- Length Mini/Midi: 295/340 (12/14″)
- Top Bracket Pins: 25mm, 30mm and 34mm pins (2 of each) (adaptors available for large excavators)
- Hydraulic Fittings: Typically, 3/8″ and 3/4″ flat face quick fit couplers
Mini Pipe Handler – 125 PE
The Mini Pipe Handler attaches to a typical 1.5 – 3 tonne class hydraulic excavator. Single or dual fed, the Mini Pipe Handler accommodates pipe diameters up to 125mm, with a full range of shell inserts available to handle specific pipe sizes.
Midi Pipe Handler – 180 PE
Designed to handle 180mm PE, the Midi Pipe Handler attaches to a typical 3 tonne mini digger.
It comprises a double ram, designed to give extra grip and the power required when dealing with 180mm PE. A full set of shell inserts are available to handle specific sizes.
Ask an expert
For further details on any of our products, or for general enquiries, please do get in touch.
01225 864 864 or firstname.lastname@example.orgMake An Enquiry