MACAW Pipe Crackers
By using the MACAW crackers, common safety and labour intensive issues are eliminated as the operative is not required to be near the breaking main during operation – once connected to the excavator, the entire operation is carried out from the safety of the cab.
The MACAW attaches to the quick-hitch or bucket pins of a mini excavator. Controlled from the cab, and using the excavator’s hydraulic power, the operative manoeuvres the arms around the pipe and then applies sufficient pressure to crack the pipe. The MACAW may be used on cast iron pipes inserted with PE if required.
Benefits of the MACAW PIPE CRACKER
- Safer and faster than using a ‘podger bar’ or sledge hammer
- Does not require access around the whole circumference of the pipe
- Controlled pressure applied – suitable on abandoned and inserted mains, without damaging internal PE
- Easy to operate—highly manoeuvrable
- Various power source options available to accommodate site conditions
- Quick set up