Rapid Rotary Cutter
The Rapid Rotary Cutter offers a solution to the problems associated with making circumferential cuts on ductile iron pipes.
The Rapid Rotary Cutter is an air powered tool designed to cut around a ductile iron main. It is extremely fast, cutting a 4″ main in approximately 2 minutes. Incorporating depth gauges, the cutter is safe to use on inserted host pipes and allows immediate access.
The Rapid Rotary Cutter comprises two aluminium shells, with an air motor on the top shell, that interlink around the perimeter of the main. Using minimum effort the operator rotates the unit 360° by hand, to give a very precise circumferential cut.
Benefits of the Rapid Rotary Cutter
- Fast: Extremely quick cutting time – approximately 2 minutes to cut a 4” ductile iron main
- Versatile: Ideal for use in Live Mains Insertion and dead insertion projects
- Quick assembly: The two shells are connected over the main in seconds
- Adaptable: One unit for all three sizes using different frames; 75mm/100mm, 150mm and 200mm (3”/4”, 6” and 8”)
- Easy to use: Compact, lightweight and simple to use – one man operation
- Convenient: Needs smaller trench than traditional cutters – less than 10cm clearance needed around the main
- Safe: The cutting blade is mounted away from operator’s hand
- Precise: Depth control discs prevent damage to inserted PE
- Clean: No need for water when cutting ductile resulting in cleaner trench
Technical Specifications of the Rapid Rotary Cutter
- Required clearance: 100mm (4″)
- Pipe diameter range: 75mm – 300mm (3″ – 12″)
- Maximum pipe wall thickness: 13mm
- Width: 290mm (11″) to 550mm (22″) depending on size of RRC
- Length: 171mm (7″)
- Weight: 10 to 18kg – depending on size of RRC