Rapid Rotary Cutter for Steel
SVI have adapted the Rapid Rotary Cutter to make a version suitable for cutting steel pipes. By fitting a larger motor and a custom designed blade, the cutter rapidly cuts around a steel main. As with our other Rapid Cutters, this tool is easy to use, quick to set up and requires minimum access space around the pipe.
The Rapid Rotary Cutter for Steel is suitable for use on 100mm/4”, 150mm/6” and 200mm/8” diameter pipes and typically cuts a 4” steel main in less than 10 minutes.
Benefits of the Rapid Rotary Cutter for Steel
- Fast: Extremely quick cutting time – approximately 2 minutes to cut a 4” ductile iron main
- Versatile: Ideal for use in Live Mains Insertion and dead insertion projects
- Quick assembly: The two shells are connected over the main in seconds
- Adaptable: One unit for all three sizes using different frames; 75mm/100mm, 150mm and
200mm (3”/4”, 6” and 8”)
- Easy to use: Compact, lightweight and simple to use – one man operation
- Convenient: Needs smaller trench than traditional cutters – less than 10cm clearance
needed around the main
- Safe: The cutting blade is mounted away from operator’s hand
- Precise: Depth control discs prevent damage to inserted PE
- Clean: No need for water when cutting ductile resulting in cleaner trench