Circumferential Cutting – Small Diameter
Ductile Iron is notoriously problematic because it cannot be broken out like cast iron.
The Steve Vick International pipe cutting service can solve this problem with the Rapid Rotary Cutter; developed and manufactured at our UK headquarters.
The unit easily makes circumferential cuts in ductile iron mains without damaging internal pipes and allowing immediate access – cutting a 4” ductile iron main in approximately 4 minutes.
Rapid Rotary Cutter - Benefits
- Fast: Extremely quick cutting time – approximately 2 minutes to cut a 4” ductile iron main
- Versatile: Ideal for use in Live Mains Insertion and dead insertion projects
- Quick assembly: The two shells are connected over the main in seconds
- Adaptable: One unit for all three sizes using different frames; 75mm/100mm, 150mm and 200mm (3”/4”, 6” and 8”)
- Easy to use: Compact, lightweight and simple to use – one man operation
- Convenient: Needs smaller trench than traditional cutters – less than 10cm clearance needed around the main
- Safe: The cutting blade is mounted away from operator’s hand
- Precise: Depth control discs prevent damage to inserted PE
- Clean: No need for water when cutting ductile resulting in cleaner trench