Pipe Handler – Large Diameter PE
Inserting PE pipe into a host main can now be carried out safer, simpler and faster with the use of Steve Vick International’s Pipe Handler.
Attached to the quick hitch or standard bucket pins of an excavator, The Pipe Handler is designed to grip the PE, position it in the excavation and insert the pipe. The entire operation is controlled from the cab, avoiding the need for operatives to handle the pipe or enter the trench.
There are three models in the range handling pipe diameters from 250mm to 630mm in diameter. Each model is capable of handling various diameters using shell inserts. The Pipe Handler may be fitted to typical 5-8 tonne hydraulic excavators.
Our full range of pipe pushers are available to hire, for prices please contact our customer service team on 01225 864864.
The PE can then be positioned in the trench and be inserted into the host main. All these operations are powered by the hydraulic power of the excavator and are controlled from the cab using the direction button or the foot pedal. There is no need for the operative to handle the pipe or enter the trench.
Benefits of the Large Diameter Pipe Handler
- Safer alternative to using an excavator bucket and sling to insert PE pipe
- Avoids the need for operators to work in the trench
- Fast – typical insertion speeds of 5-10metres per minute – capable of inserting long lengths of pipe
- One stage set up for entire insertion operation
- Simple – no need for anchoring pins
- Swivel head allows pipe to be positioned ready for insertion
Ask an expert
For further details on any of our products, or for general enquiries, please do get in touch.
01225 864 864 or email@example.comMake An Enquiry