Circumferential Cutting – Large Diameter
SVI has been successfully supplying circumferential cutters for many years. The specialist machines, manufactured by us in the UK, are used by Contract Services to make circumferential cuts in a variety of different materials and diameter pipe.
Steve Vick International is the exclusive and sole UK and European supplier of Keel Cutters – machines that automatically make circumferential cuts in steel, cast iron, ductile iron, plastic and other types of pipes up to 1600mm.
Two models are available, the N450 and the N600:
N450 Keel Cutter
The N450 cuts pipe between 200mm and 900mm in diameter, and has an approximate cutting speed of 140mm per minute.
N600 Keel Cutter
The N600 cuts pipe between 250mm and 1600mm in diameter, and has an approximate cutting speed of 100mm per minute.
Features and Benefits
- Cutter automatically tracks around the pipe
- Cuts steel, cast iron, ductile iron, asbestos*, cement and plastic pipe
- Fast cutting time – typicaly 8 minutes to cut a 300mm diameter cast iron pipe
- Only 200mm to 250mm clearance required (depending on model)
- Works in water if required
- The Keel Cutter can also be used in preparation when welding by using a specialised bevelled angle blade.
Technical Specifications of the Keel Cutter
- Required pipe circumference clearance: 300mm (12″)
- Minimum pipe diameter: 200mm (8″) to 750mm (30″) (900mm with extension chain)
- Maximum depth of cut: 125mm (5″) Blade: 20mm / 150mm (6″) Blade: 32mm
- Approximate cutting speed: 140mm (6″) per minute
- Width: 350mm (14″)
- Height: 190mm (7″)
- Length: 300mm (12″)
- Weight: 20kg (44lbs)
- Required pipe circumference clearance: 600mm (24″)
- Minimum pipe diameter: 250mm (10″) to 1600mm (63″)
- Maximum depth of cut: 175mm (7″) Blade: 40mm / 200mm (8″) Blade: 50mm
- Approximate cutting speed: 100mm (4″) per minute
- Width: 530mm (21″)
- Height: 340mm (13″)
- Length: 450mm (18″)
- Weight: 36.5kg (80.5lbs)
Ask an expert
For further details on any of our products, or for general enquiries, please do get in touch.
01225 864 864 or email@example.comMake An Enquiry