Disused drains and sewers offer ideal harbourage to rats and frequently offer a route for them to move between sewers and the surface. Current UK Building Regulations stipulate that when work is carried out which results in any part of a drain becoming permanently disused, the drain must be sealed.
The regulations also demand that drains or sewers less than 1.5m deep which are in open ground should be removed and that other pipes should be sealed at both ends and at any point of connection and filled to ensure that rats cannot gain access. Larger pipes (225mm and above) should be grout filled to prevent subsidence.
RATBLOCK™ Bags are ideal for sealing off these drains and sewers to comply with Building Regulations and prevent the passage of rats and other vermin.
Available in kit form, the system uses expanding polyurethane foam contained within a bag, incorporating two articulated steel plate membranes. Once cured, the foam provides a water, odour and gas tight seal within the pipe while the steel membrane prevents the passage of vermin.
Features and Benefits
- Application is carried out remotely
- Cost effective
- Allows laterals to be sealed off at point of joining the main – ideal for use on relocated WC’s
- Certified by WRc as vermin, water and odour proof
- Installation is quick and easy – only taking 30 minutes for the foam to cure
- WRc Approved – certified as vermin, water and odour proof
- Available as a contract service
Ask an expert
For further details on any of our products, or for general enquiries, please do get in touch.
01225 864 864 or email@example.comMake An Enquiry