Rapid Window Cutter
Ductile iron mains are notoriously problematical because they cannot be broken out like cast iron; now there is a solution with The Rapid Window Cutter.
The machine was developed in collaboration with Wales & West Utilities, who identified the need for a faster window cutting technique to allow them to extend their use of Live Mains Insertion onto their ductile network.
Ductile iron is notoriously problematic because it cannot be broken out like cast iron. The Rapid Window Cutter solves this problem.
It is a hand held tool designed for precise, fast cutting of windows in abandoned or inserted ductile mains, without damaging the previously inserted PE.
The new design introduces a revolutionary alternative to established methods, typically cutting a window on 100mm/4” ductile iron in under 12 minutes; reported to be 50% faster than traditional equipment
Easy to operate, the cutter simply connects to the onsite compressor. A single operative can then engage the trigger, lower the blade and glide the unit along the main. The operator can pivot the chassis easily to change from circumferential to longitudinal cuts.
Benefits Of The Rapid Window Cutter
- Fast: A typical size window is cut in less than 15 minutes – 50% faster than traditional equipment
- Safe: The cutting disc is mounted well away from the operator’s hand; automatic emergency cut-off on trigger handle
- Cost effective: Available to hire, purchase or carried out as a Contract service
- Easy to use: Compact, lightweight and simple to operate – one man operation
- Precise: Depth control discs prevent damage to inserted PE; Ideal for use in Live Mains Insertion and dead insertion projects
- Clean: No water is needed resulting in a cleaner trench
- Adaptable: Designed to be compact, no need to dig under main
- Air powered: Uses on-site compressor, avoiding need for extra power source