May 17, 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and exciting business with an excellent reputation in their field.
Steve Vick International (SVI) is dedicated to delivering cost-saving solutions for damaged, redundant, or outdated pipework. Since its foundation in 1981, SVI has been at the forefront in developing products and techniques for the repair, renovation and decommissioning of pipes. Predominantly our work has been in the gas industry but increasingly we are undertaking projects in the water and nuclear sectors.
As we expand our operations, this position will support a busy production team to help with the smooth operation of our packing line.
Role: Production Operative
Reporting to: Production Manager
Works with: Department colleagues, Production Manager, Procurement Manager
Responsible for: None
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00 40 hours per week)
- Check and pack boxed foam products and equipment.
- Ensure that our materials and customer orders meet our high quality standards.
- Liaise with our QSHE Manager on all quality assurance matters.
- Make sure stock materials, work in progress and packed products are kept tidy and stored safely.
- Safely operate lifting equipment and forklift truck.
- Monitor the assembly equipment and inform supervisors of faulty machinery or production issues.
- Be able to adhere to operational procedures and production timescales.
- Keep the packing line work areas clean and free from hazardous materials and waste.
- Observe health and safety regulations when handling materials and products.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working within a production environment but we will consider applications from people who don’t have this as full training will be provided.
- You will possess excellent verbal skills and show a flexible approach to working within a team setting.
- You are safety conscious and can take the initiative to escalate any issues.
- You hold a valid driving license which would enable you to undertake ad-hoc driving duties as part of the role.
- Having a forklift truck licence is an advantage but not essential.
What we can offer:
A competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays with an incremental holiday package, workplace pension scheme with matched contributions up to 7.5%, income protection, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work and tech schemes.
Please send a copy of your up to date CV, together with details of relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (HR Manager).