Customer Service Advisor
January 11, 2023
Responsible to: Customer Service Manager
Department: Customer Services
Works with: Customer Service Manager and Accounts team
Job Type: Permanent, full time, Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 17:00
37.5 hours per week
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and exciting business with an excellent reputation in their field.
Steve Vick International (SVI) is dedicated to delivering cost-saving solutions for damaged, redundant, or outdated underground pipework. Since its foundation in 1981, SVI has been at the forefront in developing products and techniques for the repair, renovation and decommissioning of pipes. Predominantly our work has been in the gas industry but increasingly we are undertaking projects in the water and nuclear sectors.
In the role of Customer Services Advisor, you will be representing the company and supporting the Sales Office with taking and processing of customer orders. We are looking for an individual who is skilled at building up strong and positive relationships, with the ability to always deliver a first-class service.
We can offer the opportunity to join an established and growing team where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career with us.
- Act as first point of contact for calls and enquiries, together with welcoming direct visitors.
- Be able to answer questions about our product range via telephone, email and in person.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of our portfolio of products and services to understand customer requirements.
- Generate quotations and follow up on sales leads.
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot sales orders and enquiries.
- Maintain accurate hire ledger and plant register and coordinate the collection and return of off hired machinery.
- Raise and process invoices, together with taking credit card payments.
- Manage couriers for outgoing and incoming shipments.
- Offer our export customers the same high level of customer service and support as our UK customer base.
- Arrange couriers and complete all export paperwork to ensure efficient delivery of goods worldwide.
- Generate daily order reports and weekly status reports on all outstanding orders.
- Assist with recording and building a customer intel database alongside the wider team including Technical Support and Marketing.
- Provide accurate data, giving insight into the reasons for customer contact to help shape business decisions.
- Offer consistent and high-level administration support to the sales, customer service and marketing teams.
- Help to build positive working relationships with external contacts.
- Work with wider teams and communicate relevant messages.
- With previous customer service and sales experience, you will enjoy talking to our customers and using your problem solving abilities to get the right solution for them.
- You can demonstrate solid experience of dealing with export paperwork.
- You must be able to demonstrate a true passion for exceptional customer service and a professional outlook to business.
- Most importantly you will be able to establish a good working relationship with both customers and colleagues, operating in harmony with one of our core business values by making the customer your priority.
- You will be a good communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be IT literate across MS Office, Excel and Outlook; previous experience of ERP software would also be beneficial.
What we can offer:
A competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays with an incremental holiday package, workplace pension scheme with matched contributions up to 7.5%, income protection, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work and tech schemes.