Brief outline of SVI Contracting Services:
Contract Services teams provide on-site solutions to a wide variety of pipe renewal problems. Whilst the majority of our work involves the flow stopping and abandonment of gas mains and services, we also work in the water and civil engineering sectors, sealing off pipes, ducts and unwanted voids.
Teams are based in Newcastle, London, West Midlands and our HQ in Bradford on Avon, which allows us to offer UK coverage.
On average operative’s work approx 50 hours per week, usually starting between 05:30 – 07:00 in order to get to site for 08:00-09:00. Most of our techniques can be applied within a 2-4-hour window, which means our teams are usually back at their depots mid-afternoon to restock for the following day. The working week is normally Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends.
Contracting Services represents roughly one fifth of SVI as a business, the team currently has 15 members of staff, the overall business currently sits at 70 employees.
- To provide assistance with on-site services for mains abandonment and refurbishment techniques in the Gas Distribution Sector.
- To assist the team leader when necessary in the deployment of company equipment & techniques.
- To ensure that all necessary equipment is taken to carry out such work.
- To maintain and take care of the company equipment and its security.
- To keep company equipment in a clean and presentable condition.
- To keep any company vehicles used, secure, clean and presentable at all times and ensure that company vehicles are loaded securely.
- To follow safe working practises at all times and to bring the attention of management any breach or problems.
- To ensure the workshop and vehicles are kept clean and tidy and in a presentable condition at all times
- To carry out other activities as directed from time to time.
Note: This role will require a driving licence
To apply for this role please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org