Responsible to: Contracting Operations Manager & Operations Director
Role: Full time
Works with: Operations Manager, Development Manager, Contract Service Operations Administrator, Contract Service Administrator and Accounts team.
Based in: Bradford on Avon
Brief outline of SVI Contracting Services:
Contract Services teams provide on-site solutions to a wide variety of pipe renewal problems. Whilst the majority of our work involves the flow stopping and abandonment of gas mains and services, we also work in the water and civil engineering sectors, sealing off pipes, ducts and unwanted voids.
Teams are based in Newcastle, London, West Midlands, Leigh and our HQ in Bradford on Avon, which allows us to offer UK coverage. Contracting Services represents roughly one fifth of SVI as a business, the team currently has 20 members of staff, the overall business currently sits at 87 employees.
To Support the contracting department in all administration duties and to liaise with contractors and customers where needed.
To act as first point of contact for contracting calls and enquiries, to work alongside the Operations Manager booking jobs into contracting schedule.
- Contracting Administration Duties:
- Assist in the day-to-day coordination of the job bookings, informing relevant staff and departments of staff allocation.
- Assist Operations administrator and contracting services administrator with the quoting, invoicing and pricing prior to works being carried out.
- Maintain and keep up to date Contracting job Spreadsheet.
- Maintain and keep up to date records of Services provided along with job records for customers.
- Liaise with new customers to set up accounts prior to works being carried out and to chase payment upfront where required.
- Contact customers for pre-works paperwork prior to site attendance.
- Email copies of Operational Procedures e.g. Risk Assessments & Method Statements to customers.
- When required complete and return sub contract questionnaires to potential clients.
- Assist the Operations Manager with collating the hours worked of the team for payment.
- General Administrative duties:
- Answer and direct calls, taking messages and ensure prompt responses.
- Scan and email documents to customers.
- Receive and welcome direct visitors when needed.
- Experienced, professional telephone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Experience with Scala or another ERP software a plus, but not a requirement.
- Full time
- 8:30 – 17:00 (1 hour lunch)
- Monday – Friday